Desktop Manager is my own pet project to implement a (hopefully) easy to
use virtual desktop manager for OS X. I've put it up here in the hope that
it will be useful to others. Simply run the app and a pager
should appear in the status bar and on the desktop.
- Have any number of named virtual 'screens' (up to available memory)
to arrange your programs on. Have one screen to keep your mail
programs, one for web-browsing, one for work. The possibilities
are almost endless.
- Exciting switch transitions to make all
your Windows/Linux using friends green with envy.
- Control switching via fully configurable 'hotkeys'.
- Get an instant overview of your desktops via a status-bar based
- Move windows around in desktops via a desktop-based 'pager'.
- Desktop pager compatible with CodeTek VirtualDesktop skins.
- Move windows between desktops easily via status-bar menu or
Exposé-like 'Operations Menu'.
- Sticky window support - have one window on all desktops.
- Active edge support - switch desktop when the mouse moves
past the edge of the screen.
- Desktop notification bezel - pops up on desktop switch to help
you orient yourself.
- Current desktop name available on desktop background to help
you keep track.
- Small, unobtrusive app - can be made to be totally invisible if
you want. Designed to get out of your way and act like a part of the